A nib holder crafted from Japanese cherry and lacquered using the fuki-urushi (“wiped urushi”) technique, whereby the wood is impregnated with urushi lacquer to highlight the beauty of the grain. Designed to universal specifications to fit a standard nib of your choice. *Nib holder only — nib sold separately.
- Nib holder only — nib sold separately.
- To prevent distortion and discolouration, avoid soaking in water, sudden temperature changes or extreme heat, and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
- Due to the nature of the material and treatment, grain and colour will vary between pieces.
- If marked with ink, wipe clean with a soft cloth.
- When removing the nib from the nib holder, gently pull it out while turning to avoid dislodging the nib mount.
- After rinsing, shake well in a downward motion to remove any water or ink from the nib mount before inserting a nib.
In today’s world there are fewer and fewer opportunities to write by hand. Focusing on the simplicity of the dip pen, we developed a range of interchangeable nibs and nib holders.
Versatile and designed for long-lasting ownership, they represent a new kind of writing tool for our era.
A nib holder that emerged from our desire to create a tool that inspires a lifetime of use, bringing joy to our hands and soul. From the timeless material to the comfortable thickness, form and length, each and every detail has been carefully considered to create a perfect fit.